2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2008 9:35 PM by jiangliu

A newbe question for gateway

jiangliu

Hi All,

I am new here and have a simple newbe question. :)

The helloworld example wiki says: Every gateway listener has a corresponding internal ESB listener that have been configured together in the jboss-esb.xml file.

However I can not find any connection between them. For example, if i have two channel: channel_GW and channel_ESB, so when i send a message to channel_GW, how the system knows the message should goes to the channel_ESB?

And before the message get sent to channel_ESB, an action is used to "process" the message so that it can be esb "awarded". So my question is whether this format-processing action is per-defined?

Another question is in terms of sending messages to "external" systems, the only way to do it is by using Notifiers? And if so, the only way to define/use a Notifier is in the jboss-esb.xml?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: A newbe question for gateway
          marklittle

Work your way through the quickstarts. They should illustrate everything you've asked.

• 2. Re: A newbe question for gateway
            jiangliu

Thanks.

The only question left is still how the Gateway_channel and ESB_channel get linked together?

I noticed that in the jboss-esb.xml, channel_GW and channel_ESB is usually defined/grouped together in the section. So is this means I have done linking the gateway and "internal" listeners already?

JBossESB 4.2.1 Adaptor doc describes the Gateway, but it didn't say anything about how gateway message get sent to the "corresponding" internal listener.

Thanks in advance