5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2008 8:03 AM by marklittle

Application Servers that integrate with JBossESB

lafbarbosa

Hi people,

Now I could understand that the features implemented by an ESB (like transformation, routing, etc) must be into the ESB.

My doubt is, if I have the .esb package deployed into an JBossESB and the service into an Application Server, which Application Server are supported by JBossESB, anyone?

In other words, if I deploy services in any kind of Application Server, JBossESB is able to call these services endpoint deployed in an Application Server?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Luiz

• 1. Re: Application Servers that integrate with JBossESB
          marklittle

You can deploy JBossESB into JBossAS. You should be able to deploy into other application servers, but at the moment we have not completed ratification for anything other than JBossAS. But others are on the roadmap.

• 2. Re: Application Servers that integrate with JBossESB
            lafbarbosa

Thank you Mark!

And what about integration with different kind of services (web services or not)?

If the machine, where the service is deployed, supports all that protocols (like HTTP/HTTPS, JMS, EJB/RMI, MQ, FTP, SMTP/IMAP/POP and file pooling), JBossESB can access this service (in any Application Server or other server else), right?

Luiz

• 3. Re: Application Servers that integrate with JBossESB
              marklittle

Hi Luiz. I'm not sure what you're asking now, because those things (like Web Services or JMS or FTP) are supported by the ESB now. We have ESB-aware and ESB-unaware endpoint support in the current release for most (not all) of what you mention.

• 4. Re: Application Servers that integrate with JBossESB
                lafbarbosa

Hi Mark,

I asked you this only to clarify the information about the types of services offered through JBossESB, about the its usability.

In this way, I understand that the JBossESB can be between the client and service, deployed in an application server or where else, in that cases I mentioned. In other words, applying to all that protocols.

So, if I would like to provide a functionality developed in a Cobol language, I have to access the Cobol program through one of that protocols, right?

So, the client would ask for an ESB-unware, like JMS, this would forward it to a Listener that forwards ESB-aware message to another queue, and then it would send to the service (this last one could be out of ESB, like a AppServer right?), as we can see in page 13 of Getting Started Guide.

Luiz

• 5. Re: Application Servers that integrate with JBossESB
                  marklittle

Hi Luiz. There are a number of ways in which you can access "legacy" components in the ESB. There's the way you describe, but then there's Web Services as well. Or if the component can be plugged in at the JCA layer you've got another option.