6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2008 4:43 AM by Kevin Conner

How to remove Hypersonic DB as ESB internal data source

David Sun Newbie

We experienced several OutOfMemory error even after turning JVM to 1.5 GB and GC every 30 minutes.

1 is there a way to completely move out of Hypersonic in-memory-Db and switch internal ESB plumbing to Oracle?

2 How to run multiple ESBs and each in its own JVM on one box?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to remove Hypersonic DB as ESB internal data source
          Tom Cunningham Master

For #1 - yes. I'm assuming that you're suggesting changing the backing store for the registry - that should be as easy as changing the jbossesb.sar/juddi-ds.xml and changing a line in the jbossesb.sar/esb.juddi.xml to point to the oracle database creation and import files rather than the hsqldb ones.

For #2, there's now a "two_servers" QS checked in to the CP branch which demonstrates this scenario. I believe there's a section of the Administration Guide (Chapter 5 : ServiceBinding Manager) which covers this. It'll refer you to Chapter 10 of the JBoss AS Server documentation - here's a link :

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/beta422/html/Additional_Services-Services_Binding_Management.html

• 2. Re: How to remove Hypersonic DB as ESB internal data source
            David Sun Newbie

For #1, do I have to change any config file to use oracle-ds.xml instead of hsqldb-ds.xml?

Under C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\jbossesb.sar\juddi-sql, I can't find create_database.sql. Instead, I can find it at C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\jbossesb.esb\message-store-sql\oracle.

• 3. Re: How to remove Hypersonic DB as ESB internal data source
              Tom Cunningham Master

"dsun" wrote:
              For #1, do I have to change any config file to use oracle-ds.xml instead of hsqldb-ds.xml?

Under C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\jbossesb.sar\juddi-sql, I can't find create_database.sql. Instead, I can find it at C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\jbossesb.esb\message-store-sql\oracle.

For JUDDI, the only change you have to make is in jbossesb.sar/esb.juddi.xml - here is the line you want to change.

<entry key="juddi.sqlFiles">juddi-sql/hsqldb/create_database.sql,juddi-sql/hsqldb/import.sql</entry>

Change the hsqldb references to Oracle. The create_database.sql script is stored within the juddi jar, and will be pulled in as a resource.

Also you may want to also change message-store-ds.xml/ jbossesb-service.xml to use Oracle as well, and there are other components that you could change (jms, jbpm) to use Oracle depending on whether you are using them or not.

• 4. Re: How to remove Hypersonic DB as ESB internal data source
                David Sun Newbie

In juddi-ds.xml, I successfully changed <local-tx-datasource> section to use Oracle DB.

How should I change the following section to use Oracle?

juddiDB
                true

• 5. Re: How to remove Hypersonic DB as ESB internal data source
                  David Sun Newbie

In juddi-ds.xml, I successfully changed <local-tx-datasource> section to use Oracle DB.

How should I change the following section to use Oracle?

<mbean code="org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase"
                  name="jboss:service=Hypersonic,database=juddiDB"
                  juddiDB</attribute
                  true</attribute
                  mbean

Now I have the following error:
                  2008-03-28 11:13:31,928 ERROR [main] org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer - Could not create deployment: file:/C:/jboss/server/tibco/deploy/jbossesb.sar/juddi-ds.xml
                  org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to install an already registered mbean: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=juddiDB
                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator.install(ServiceCreator.java:103)
                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigurator.java:449)
                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:171)
                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226)
                  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)

• 6. Re: How to remove Hypersonic DB as ESB internal data source
                    Kevin Conner Master

You need to remove that section as it is defining the hypersonic equivalent of your Oracle/jUDDI database configuration.