1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2008 11:56 AM by marklittle

FaultTo and sending message to SonicMQ

hitsum

Hi,

I am trying to set the faultTo behaviour but it is not working. The message sender cannot set the faultTo as the message is coming from outside and I have no control over it.

Can I not configure the faultTo in jboss-esb.xml? how?

Also, I want to set the faultTo to the queue on SonicMQ. The message should be modified to describe the error rather than showing the actual message.

The other requirement is sending the output of action to be sent to queue on SonicMQ, is there any otherway than sending the message from within the action?

Non of the quickstarts show how to use faultTo.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: FaultTo and sending message to SonicMQ
          marklittle

The FaultTo has to be set by the sender. As you say, this isn't possible when the message comes from outside the ESB domain. At the moment you'll have to do this using one of the Notifiers or within your own Action. Sometime between now and the next major release we're going to try to add some default support for things like this within what are currently referred to as the gateways.

BTW you're right about the lack of a good example, so I created http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBESB-1644 which you could monitor.