3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2008 4:48 AM by kconner

Gateway AND esb aware queue on external broker?

idaplan

Hi,

we try to connect to remote brokers of other vendors for receiving messages into JBoss ESB. I came accross several examples in this forum for ActiveMQ, Tibco, OracleAQ. In all of these examples a new JMS Provider is set up with the connection parameters in the jboss-esb.xml and with two jms-bus elements: The gateway and the esp aware queue.

I am wondering about these scenarious: Does this mean, the esb aware queue also has to be deployed in the remote servers? I would expect that we have two providers in the jboss-esb.xml. One "normal",local JBossMQ connection factory with the local esb aware queue. And one for the external vendor specific connection factory and remote queue.

But I have never found such an example.
      Any insight?
      Stefan

• 1. Re: Gateway AND esb aware queue on external broker?
          kconner

"idaplan" wrote:
          I am wondering about these scenarious: Does this mean, the esb aware queue also has to be deployed in the remote servers?

No, you are free to have them located on any provider.
          "idaplan" wrote:
          I would expect that we have two providers in the jboss-esb.xml. One "normal",local JBossMQ connection factory with the local esb aware queue. And one for the external vendor specific connection factory and remote queue.

Yes, this is how you would do it.

• 2. Re: Gateway AND esb aware queue on external broker?
            idaplan

Thanks for the quick response Kevin!
            So we are - at least - 'thinking' the right way.
            'Doing' it right is another thing.
            Strange, that it is quite hard to find examples for this kind of distributed configuration somewhere ...

You may have noticed my recent post "Connecting to SonicMQ" were we tried exactly this with Sonic and ended up with a class cast exception in JmsConnectionPool.addAnotherSession(...) for the Sonic connection factory.

Any comments on this?
            (Sorry for coress-referencing the topics here ...)

• 3. Re: Gateway AND esb aware queue on external broker?
              kconner

Sorry, I must have missed that posting. Will check it out and follow up on the other thread.