2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2008 12:05 PM by jeff.yuchang

Email configuration in 4.3.GA Trailblazer

zurchman

Could someone please explain the email configuration for the Trailblazer?

I'm trying to run the 4.3.GA ESB Trailblazer with the 4.2.2.GA App server (with jboss-remoting 2.2.2.SP2).

I've configured my smtp server in TB_ROOT/esb/conf/jbossesb-properties.xml, but email fails because ProcessEmail insists on using localhost.

It's not immediately obvious where the "transports" configuration information is used.

Thanks.

14:12:19,235 INFO [CreditAgencyActions] CreditAgency sending back a credit score of 1
      14:12:19,249 INFO [LoanBroker] received reply from creditAgency action: 1
      14:12:24,249 INFO [STDOUT] sending to JMS Bank...
      14:12:24,294 INFO [STDOUT] Connection Started
      14:12:25,017 INFO [STDOUT] Got the message from the JMS bank: <org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.loanbroker.banks.BankQuoteReply>
       <interestRate>8.60</interestRate>
       <quoteId>JMSBasedBank-0</quoteId>
       <errorCode>0</errorCode>
       <customerUID>1234567890</customerUID>
       <customerEmail>sz@mydomain.com</customerEmail>
      </org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.loanbroker.banks.BankQuoteReply>
      14:12:25,020 INFO [ProcessEmail] customer SSN 1234567890 - sending email to: sz@mydomain.net
      14:12:25,020 INFO [Email] Initialising mail server sesson. Properties: {mail.smtp.port=25, mail.smtp.auth=true, mail.smtp.host=localhost}
      14:12:25,020 INFO [ProcessEmail] loading StringTemplate from path: template
      14:12:25,020 INFO [ProcessEmail] loading StringTemplate from file: quote
      14:12:25,026 ERROR [ProcessEmail] error sending email - javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;
       nested exception is:
       java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
      14:12:25,026 ERROR [STDERR] javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;
       nested exception is:
       java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

• 1. Re: Email configuration in 4.3.GA Trailblazer
          zurchman

I think I've got it figured out.

To run the Trailblazer with JBoss AS, you have to configure mail properties in the jbossesb-properties.xml file within jbossesb.sar.

When deploying 4.3.GA to a JBoss AS, the ESB "deploy" task copies the distributed jbossesb.sar to the JBoss AS deploy directory. As distributed, this
          archive defines the smtp server as "localhost".

The documentation seems to favor stand-alone deployment of JBossESB.

• 2. Re: Email configuration in 4.3.GA Trailblazer
            jeff.yuchang

Thanks for comment.

Yes, it needs to update the "jbossesb-properties.xml" in the jbossesb.sar, it seems it has not been clearly described (it should say in jbossesb.sar) the TrailblazerGuide. Will update it later...