2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2008 6:28 AM by tfennelly

ESB Service Invocation from Portal client

gopi12345

My Portal application is deployed on jboss-portal-2.6.5.SP1 server and I have registered one service (which connects to the Legacy system) on jbossesb-server-4.3.GA. Both servers are running in a single machine.

Is there any way to invoke ESB Service ("MyServiceCategory","WebserviceConsumer1") from my application deployed in the portal server ?

I think, there will be another way to invoke ESB Service in this situation (probably not using ServiceInvoker?). I couldn't find any sample code to invoke the ESB Services without ServiceInvoker?

Could you please provide me some insight to this problem?

Thanks in advance!
      Gopi

• 1. Re: ESB Service Invocation from Portal client
          beve

Hi Gopi,

if you have configured your service with a gateway you can call the gateway.
          For example, if you have a JMS gateway configured you can post a JMS Message to the gateway queue.
          Most of the quickstarts use this approach, for an example take a look at the jms_router quickstart.

Do you currently have any gateways configured?

Regards,

Daniel

• 2. Re: ESB Service Invocation from Portal client
            tfennelly

You should also be able to use the ServiceInvoker for this. You just need to make sure you have a juddi config on the classpath (juddi.properties + jbossesb-properties.xml) that points to the same shared database instance. You'd also need to make sure the endpoint addressing info is configured such that it's globally addressable e.g. don't use "localhost" etc.