5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2008 7:03 AM by christy

JBossESB, getting started

christy

Hi to everybody,
      I\m a novice in JBossESB. I installed jbossesb-4.3.GA, deployed some quickstarts and looked through documentation. But it is not enough for ve to understand something. For example I didn't understand how to create jboss-esb.xml (what providers should I use in what case, etc...), how to create jbmq-queue-service.xml.... Else I can't understand the difference between web-services from inside (that are bundled inside the .esb) and standalone webservice.war.... I have a lot of such stupid questions. Dut I really need help. Please help me to understand or give me please something to read.
      Thank you!

• 1. Re: JBossESB, getting started
          marklittle

Hi. Your best steps are to go through the documentation (Programmers Guide specifically) and then work your way through the quickstarts.

• 2. Re: JBossESB, getting started
            christy

Hi, it is me again. I read Programmers Guide attentively and now a lot of questions are clear.
            But I stiil have some "basic" questions:
            1. What is the difference between web-services from inside (that are bundled inside the .esb) and standalone webservice.war?
            2. I understood that I can deploy as many esb instances as I wish. In one intance I can have some services. Or I can put one service to one esb instance, another service to another esb instance etc.. What is the difference betwen this cases?
            Thank you!

• 3. Re: JBossESB, getting started
              christy

Hi,
              Does anybody have any ideas?

• 4. Re: JBossESB, getting started
                kconner

Sorry, we are very busy at the moment trying to get the current release out (due imminently) and our responses are therefore slow.

In answer to your first question, the difference is that you only need to deploy a single artifact (the .esb) instead of multiple ones. The webservices deployment will be treated as a separate deployment in both cases but embedding it ensures that it is tightly bound with the .esb for deployment. You are free to choose whichever packaging makes the most sense to you.

In answer to your second question there is no different from a coding perspective although, if the services are tightly bound together then it may make sense for them to be a single deployment. One difference is that each deployment has access to its own pool of resources so there will be no conflict between different esb artifacts.

• 5. Re: JBossESB, getting started
                  christy

Thank you very much!!!!!!