1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2008 3:10 PM by burrsutter

Aggregator

vishal12345

I have an xml message looks like this

<Transaction ID="xxx04_1254878787_en-ie_es-gb" TranslationID="en-ie_es-gb" ActiveIndexID="[0,2,3]">
       <Request Total="1" requestID="1">
       <Message messageID="0" Content="Chemistry is the science concerned with the composition, structure, and property of matter, as well as the changes it undergoes during chemical reactions."></Message>
       </Request>
       <Request Total="1" requestID="2">
       <Message messageID="0" Content="Cricket is a &lt;nt &quot;es-gb&quot;= batball&gt;bat-and-ball&lt;/nt&gt; sport contested by two team, usually of eleven player each."></Message>
       </Request>
       <Request Total="3" requestID="3">
       <Message messageID="0" Content="biological sciences is the scientific study of life."></Message>
       <Message messageID="1" Content="Biology examines the structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution of living things."></Message>
       <Message messageID="2" Content="It classifies &amp; describes organisms, their functions, how species come into existence, and the interactions they have with each other and with the natural environment."></Message>
       </Request>
      </Transaction>

i want to split this in following format
      <Message messageID="0" TranslationID="...." TransactionID=".... " Content="Chemistry ..." ></Message>

once splitted some processing takes place and i want to aggregate evrything back to original message .... is it possible ?

• 1. Re: Aggregator
          burrsutter

Yes.

Start with the aggregator quickstart. You will need Smooks (or custom coding) to split the message. You will need to write some code to rebuild a new "aggregated" message based on the pieces and parts.

Note: aggregator isn't clusterable, so if your aggregator service goes down then some data may be lost. If you have a concern in this area then consider using fork/join capability as demonstrated in bpm_orchestration2.