1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2008 8:12 AM by kconner

How to check externally that service is running

denix

We are writing cshell script for our continious integration tool which should check that specified service has been successfully deployed.
      Does JBoss ESB provides external API for such checking?
      I understand that I may use Unix wget to get service list from contract.war, but firstly not all services displayed there, for example, if we have service that just contains libs or war file inside.
      And the second - I read that this web-app will be suppressed in latest release.
      So what you advice to use to implement this task easy?

• 1. Re: How to check externally that service is running
          kconner

"Denix" wrote:
          We are writing cshell script for our continious integration tool which should check that specified service has been successfully deployed.
          Does JBoss ESB provides external API for such checking?

The easiest way to determine whether a service is deployed or not would be to look for the associated MBean through JMX.

"Denix" wrote:
          I understand that I may use Unix wget to get service list from contract.war, but firstly not all services displayed there, for example, if we have service that just contains libs or war file inside.

The contract.war will only contain details about the ESB service. If you wish to find out about other deployments then you need to look at JMX.

"Denix" wrote:
          And the second - I read that this web-app will be suppressed in latest release.

Sorry, why do you think the contract app will be suppressed?