Question on content based routing with JBoss Rules and JBoss ESB - what are the circumstances under which property name="ruleReload" value="true" will cause the rules file specified in jboss-esb.xml to be reloaded?
This JIRA: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBESB-334 - says that:
The rules will be reloaded when:
1. the ruleReload is set to true
2. the ruleSet is changed (we do a string compare)
3. a message is send into the router.
What I'm seeing with ESB 4.5 - and the fun_cbr quickstart is that I have to redeploy the .esb archive to get a change in the rules to take effect. The steps that I'm taking are:
* Build and deploy the quickstart .esb
* Modify FunCBRRules-XPath.drl - for example, set one of the rules to set the route when the statusCode is set to "3"
* Make a corresponding change to the statusCode in SampleOrder.xml
* ant runtest
Mystery solved - forgot to edit the rules file in the server's /deploy dir - had been editing it locally only... ;-)