3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 6:12 PM by Ryszard Kozmik

    Feature Request - Admin page to set permissions and default

    Mitch De Felice Newbie

      It would be a great benefit if the Administration page would allow you to set acl permissions instead of having to modify the acl-mapping.xml file.

      Additionally, it would beneficial to have an admin screen be able to define anonymous user preferences and default preferences.

      And finally, you might want to take a page from the Portal group and add a download link when you announce a new release of the JBoss Forums.

      Overall, you all have done a great job!!! Keep up the good work...

        • 1. Re: Feature Request - Admin page to set permissions and defa
          Ryszard Kozmik Master

          Hello

          "733nb" wrote:
          It would be a great benefit if the Administration page would allow you to set acl permissions instead of having to modify the acl-mapping.xml file.

          Additionally, it would beneficial to have an admin screen be able to define anonymous user preferences and default preferences.
          Obviously, it'd be great to have those and they are planned. However, it's not the only thing I need to do and I just need more time or contributors :-). So, please be patient.

          "733nb" wrote:
          And finally, you might want to take a page from the Portal group and add a download link when you announce a new release of the JBoss Forums.
          I always announce releases on JBoss Portal forum which most of users are watching.

          "733nb" wrote:
          Overall, you all have done a great job!!! Keep up the good work...
          Thanks for the good word :-)

          Regards
          -------------------
          Ryszard Kozmik
          JBoss Forums Lead
          JBoss Labs Team

          • 2. Re: Feature Request - Admin page to set permissions and defa
            Mitch De Felice Newbie

            Thanks for the reply. Although I think you might have misunderstood what I was suggesting:

            And finally, you might want to take a page from the Portal group and add a download link when you announce a new release of the JBoss Forums.

            When the Portal team announces a new release, they add a link to download the their new code in their announcement message. All I was suggesting is that you may want to add a link to download a new release of Forums to your Announcement messages in the future.

            Hope this helps...

            • 3. Re: Feature Request - Admin page to set permissions and defa
              Ryszard Kozmik Master

              Ahh, right. I should have added it, for sure. I think I did in previous releases, somehow I forgot about it in this release.

              Thanks
              ------------------
              Ryszard Kozmik
              JBoss Forums Lead
              JBoss Labs Team