5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2006 9:04 AM by osterday

Sending HTML/MIME content

osterday

We're currently using mail-service.xml along with the Jakarta commons email package to create/send out HTML emails. I'd like to start using JBCS to send out the emails so we get a copy in the sent folder for the user. I've got a servlet that gets the sender mbean, but the send mail method seem pretty limited.

Is there a way to send/create HTML content for JBCS? I noticed the Flash client's HTML get stripped away when sent.

Thanks,
      Pat

• 1. Re: Sending HTML/MIME content
          gohip

when I send using outlook, and set to rtf/html, it survives the JBoss mail send and delivery process, i.e. sending html, or multi part mime content...

• 2. Re: Sending HTML/MIME content
            osterday

Sure, using a stand alone client to send works fine since the client is generating the entire MIME message. But what about using the JBCS client? Or, more for what we are doing, what about using the MailSender MBean to send emails?

Our JBAS app has email features so we have a small web email client we wrote to send messages as well as Quartz jobs to send automated messages. Using the Jakarta commons email packages makes it easy to create HTML emails, but it's just a wrapper around javax.mail messages.

I understand some of the limitations of javax.mail, so I was wondering what I could use to create a MIME message that the MBean can send - or how to get a javax.mail message sent via JBCS.

This is more of a "client" issue, but since JBCS has a client, I figure maybe someone has an idea.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Sending HTML/MIME content
              gohip

sorry, havent messed with JBCS client...

• 4. Re: Sending HTML/MIME content
                acoliver

Its simple you just set the body to the output of the javax.mail message.

• 5. Re: Sending HTML/MIME content
                  osterday

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I just looked at the Mail create methods and see I can pass an InputStream. I will try that when I get a chance.

Thanks!