10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2006 6:00 PM by gohip

ZipException: incorrect data check

osterday

I've just tested a few messages with 500K or so jpeg attachments and got the following errors both in the webmail app and via pop3:

java.util.zip.ZipException: incorrect data check

Anyone else getting these? I'm using MySQL.
      -Pat

• 1. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
          gohip

are you using m4 or m5? m4 had an issue with mySQL page size. but should be corrected in m5

you could try turning off compression, and see if you still get an error, but might not be suitable to your environment...I turn compression off on my server

• 2. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
            osterday

I'm using M5. I'll try turning off compression to see if that helps.

• 3. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
              gohip

may not help, but will be intersting to see if the issue still occurs with and without compression!

• 4. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
                osterday

Nope, turning off compression didn't help. No zip errors now, but got a "SocketException: Socket closed" error. Maybe I can try out the latest from CVS now that I got that compiling ok.

• 5. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
                  gohip

oooh,

in the jboss-service.xml, theres is an area which speaks of DOS attacks, and ammount of time to keep a socket open, maybe thats your issue, you might try it...it's here

<!-- defines an SMTP server. -->
                   <mbean code="org.jboss.mail.Server"
                   name="jboss.mail:type=MailServices,name=SMTP">
                   <depends>jboss.mail:type=MailServices,name=SMTPProtocol</depends>
                   <!-- protocol should reference SMTP -->
                   <attribute name="Protocol">jboss.mail:type=MailServices,name=SMTPProtocol</attribute>
                   <!-- port to listen on -->
                   <attribute name="Port">25</attribute>
                   <!-- which addresses to listen on 0.0.0.0 = all or localhost means only the localhost -->
                   <attribute name="Address">192.168.69.1</attribute>
                   <!-- timeout between commands (not presently supported) -->
                   <!-- note from mikea: rfc 821 sets strict guidelines on allowable timeouts -->
                   <attribute name="Timeout">30000</attribute>
                   <!-- timeout for the connection regardless of whether it is finished. Thus it will kill the
                   socket and thread mid-stream/operation. This should be big enough to allow whatever the
                   messages you're sending while defending against folks who might try to DoS your server
                   by keeping a large number of connections alive -->
                   <!-- note from mikea: 10 mb in 120 seconds is about 100 kb/s - which may or may not be
                   the actual bandwidth achieved depending on server. therefore, i believe this value should
                   be set somewhat higher to avoid timing out on 10mb emails,
                   and other methods be used to detect DoS's -->
                   <attribute name="Life">120000</attribute>
                   <attribute name="PoolSize">5</attribute>
                   </mbean>

• 6. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
                    osterday

I'm happy to say that using the CVS code for M5 using Outlook Express and Thunderbird, I can pop larger emails without error now. A 2MB file worked fine!

• 7. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
                      gohip

nice, very nice!

And congrats on getting code to compile. Wonder what the exact diff is, as we are staying with m4 for now.

• 8. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
                        osterday

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to what changed - but in the process of working on the compile, I also updated my installed Thunderbird, so I introduced too much into the picture to figure it out! Doh! But it works, so I'm happy!

• 9. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
                          osterday

Just wanted to add that I'm using HEAD now - not M5 from CVS. I screwed up a little with TortoiseCVS and checked M5 under HEAD, so I'm not sure which version I was originally having issues with. HEAD is working fine, though!

• 10. Re: ZipException: incorrect data check
                            gohip

"Head" works fine with me also! LOL, sorry...