6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2006 4:09 PM by billybofh

Shared mail folders?

billybofh

Hi,

I've been scouting around to see if I could find out if shared mail folders are implemented or are on the roadmap - but can't seems to find anything concrete.

I'm assuming that the calandering can be shared amongst users?

Billy.

• 1. Re: Shared mail folders?
          acoliver

Not in 1.0 for pub folders. Probably 1.5 possibly a 1.0.x release (maybe).

Calendaring you can't share a calendar per say but you can share events obviously.

We could use specific use cases and feature requests (jira.jboss.com). I know aron is open to doing lots of different things.

• 2. Re: Shared mail folders?
            billybofh

Ah, ok.

We have a really strong user demand for both shared mail folders and shared calanders (that is sharing the whole calander - not just events).

Sharing mail folders is a strong demand from our senior staff to be able to work & delegate with their secretaries (and there is a certain amount of "me too" fallout from that down the management tree).

Sharing a whole calander is becoming more and more of a requirement for staff - especially those who have experience of using it for meeting scheduling/resolution.
            Our department is really made up of several smaller departments which happen to overlap in places. A lot of our staff are also away at other organisations - many times in other countries - so being able to check public calanders is a really useful feature for us.

Anyway - thanks for the work so far. I'll be trialling the 1.0 release as soon as there is a working flash plugin for Linux.... ;-)

Billy.

• 3. Re: Shared mail folders?
              acoliver

I wouldn't mind some additional voices to adobe on the need for Flash on Linux to be a stronger priority. Not that they are unaware, but I just won't mind a bigger choir.

• 4. Re: Shared mail folders?
                billybofh

I'll email them again :-)

Might persuade some of my users to do the same... :-)

Billy.

• 5. Re: Shared mail folders?
                  sappenin
                  • 6. Re: Shared mail folders?
                    billybofh

Ah - excellent news :-)