3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2006 4:49 PM by gohip

Has anyone had luck configuring a ForwardMailListener - afte

gohip

I found this post...

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3878796

and added the mbean's config, to jboss-service.xml

then added it to the LocalDelivery mbean, and the chainservice

i added debug statements, to the forwardermaillistener class, so I can see it's getting called, and it appears to be swapping out the to, with the forwarded to address, but it seems nothing is being sent

so i tried adding it to remotedelivery, but still didnt help.

if anyone has any input, I would love to hear it, else, i will re-run setup, and hopefully it will ask about forwarding(been awhile since I ran it), then I guess i'll diff the two jboss-service.xml files, to see whats different, if the new setup works.

If I figure it out, i will post a response for all!

• 1. Re: Has anyone had luck configuring a ForwardMailListener -
          gohip

okay, searching the forums, didnt seem to be a help, regarding the ForwarderMailListener...

I ran setup for both 1.0m4 as well as 1.0m5pre, pointing them both to a temp directory, and during each setup, I was not prompted regarding Forwarding Mail.

I am going to look in the 1.0m5pre jboss-service.xml, and hopefully find a commented out chunk of code regarding the ForwardingMailListener, but I am not to optimistic about finding it.

Has anyone set a ForwardermailListener up successfully, that could give some tips?

• 2. Re: Has anyone had luck configuring a ForwardMailListener -
            gohip

the forwardmaillistener in 1.0m4, appears to be missing the logic, of actually putting the message on the queues for sending out by say the remotedelivery listener, is this assumption correct? Do I need to implement the actual feat of sticking the message on the queues?

• 3. Re: Has anyone had luck configuring a ForwardMailListener -
              gohip

yeah, it seems it was missing the logic of putting the message on the queue, I added a putMessage method, similar to the JMSMailListeners method, along with all the reqd JMS stuff, and got it working.

the only problem I still have yet to resolve, is that if the forwarding domain, is a parent domain of the nonforwarded domain, then it get stuck in a never ending loop

example
              original domain (to: ) is Mail.Microsoft.Com
              forwarded domain (would be the new to:) is Microsoft.Com

thats when it got stuck looping, i imagine forwarding it back to itself?

also, this uses config values from the JBoss-service.xml file, which works, but I have Alias's in the dbase, which I would like to use for the forwarded addresses, anyone know a good way to implement this? I imagine that the Rcpt-to command, looks in the dbase, and checks to see if user exists, so if i look in there, I might be able to figure out how it's reading the users from the dbase...

Basically, each user gets a mailbox, an alias as normal, as well as a second alias, which is there forwarded alias/address