2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2007 7:51 AM by marklittle

Implicit-Implicit (twice) OTS Transaction Propagation

rookie1977

Can I somehow configure JBoss TS to propagate transaction context implicitly without me changing my IDL files to inherit from CosTransactions::TransactionalObject since I have rather huge server side IDL base.

I have tried setting up com.arjuna.ats.jts.needTranContext=YES and
      com.arjuna.ats.jts.alwaysPropagateContext=YES
      but this is not working.

From the client side I initiate transaction, and second property ensured propagation happens, and first property ensured that the server side system is called in the course of client initiated transaction, but I get the CORBA.TRANSACTION_REQUIRED exception.

• 1. Re: Implicit-Implicit (twice) OTS Transaction Propagation
          kconner

These properties do different things.

The property

com.arjuna.ats.jts.alwaysPropagateContext
          causes the client handler to propagate any transaction context to the server, regardless of whether it is an OTS transacitonal object or not. This is the one you want to set.

The property
          com.arjuna.ats.jts.needTranContext
          causes the client handler to throw an exception if there is no transaction context associated with the current thread when the invocation is made.

• 2. Re: Implicit-Implicit (twice) OTS Transaction Propagation
            marklittle

Please check the JBossTS manuals for the descriptions of these properties. If you believe they are deficient, let us know and we'll look at updating them.

In general, the documentation with JBossTS should be the first line of reference: we've built it up over 20 years.