4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2007 6:12 AM by kconner

removing default GPL JBoss Transactions

maximwirt

Hi all

I've just downloaded 4.2.0 version of the app server and discovered that current default transaction management is shipping under GPL v2.0.

I don'n need any GPL components in my software and would like to use only components which can be resselled freely.

The question is which files should I remove from JBoss distribution to make it un-GPL-ed?

regards

• 1. Re: removing default GPL JBoss Transactions
          jhalliday

Huh? Where did you get that idea? JBossTS JTA is LGPL. The optional JTS and XTS components are LGPL/Dual, but neither ships with JBossAS by default.

• 2. Re: removing default GPL JBoss Transactions
            kconner

I'm sure Jonathan meant to say
            - JTA is LGPL whereas JTS/XTS are *GPL*/Dual.

• 3. Re: removing default GPL JBoss Transactions
              maximwirt

quote from JBossORG-EULA.txt

This License Agreement governs the use of the Software Packages and any updates to the Software
              Packages, regardless of the delivery mechanism. Each Software Package is a collective work
              under U.S. Copyright Law. Subject to the following terms, Red Hat, Inc. ("Red Hat") grants to
              the user ("Client") a license to the applicable collective work(s) pursuant to the
              GNU Lesser General Public License v. 2.1 except for the following Software Packages:
              (a) JBoss Portal Forums and JBoss Transactions JTS, each of which is licensed pursuant to the
              GNU General Public License v.2;

• 4. Re: removing default GPL JBoss Transactions
                kconner

Neither JTS nor portal are included in the distribution. This is a general EULA.

The transaction manager included in 4.2 GA is the JTA version which is LGPL.