3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2008 6:23 AM by marklittle

Help regarding Jboss TS with Oracle

sathya81

Hi,

This is with respect to the familiar article posted on Javaworld

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2007/jw-04-xa.html?page=3
      Hope atleast some of you have gone through this ..

Now the issue i am strugging with is that , i am using oracle datasource , so as per the post "Since JBossTS doesn't provide any out of the box wrappers for the MySQL database", we need to write a dynamic class which provides the MySQLXADatasouce object ..on the same lines, i tried to implement for oracle database by importing the oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource and setting the properties and returning the same to the XADatasource ..

but when i run the application, i am getting this error
      [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.couldnotregister] could not register transaction: oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXid@c70b0d

can some one through light on this .. i am running a simple junit test case which tries to insert a record in to two tables of two different databases simultaneously.

Thanks in Advance
      Regards
      Sathya

• 1. Re: Help regarding Jboss TS with Oracle
          marklittle

An attempt to do an xa_start on the XAResource returned from your datasource has failed.

• 2. Re: Help regarding Jboss TS with Oracle
            sathya81

Hi Mark,

Thanq very much for your prompt response. So you mean to say that xa_start is failing on the XAResource. ok please advice how can i solve this ?
            In the first case, Y is this getting failed on this datasource..actually this OracleXADatasource is from the ojdbc14.jar file , which i hope is the only jar from oracle for these database related operations.

can you suggest me any solution for this? Which XAResource should i use then for Oracle?

Thanks & Regards
            Sathya

• 3. Re: Help regarding Jboss TS with Oracle
              marklittle

I suggest you start simple: get the JBossTS source and build some of the JDBC examples that use the transactional driver. Confirm that they still work with the changes you have made first, before moving on to more complicated aspects.