10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 7:32 AM by Roberto Francescangeli

How to disable disk writing when querying an external databa

Roberto Francescangeli Newbie

Hello I'm developing SIP based services using JBOSS server 4.2.3 and Mobicents SLEE server 1.2.2 GA. Lately I found out that the services that make use of external DB queries cause the server's hard disk to write a lot.

Using the tool pidstat I have 1700KB/s written by the JBOSS process with an average of 36 query/s and 3400KB/s with an average of 90 query/s.
      The disk is always writing inside the folder %JBOSS-SERVER%/data/tx-object-store/HashedActionStore/defaultStore/StateManager/BasicAction/TwoPhaseCoordinator/AtomicAction/#xxx# ; where xx is a number between 0 and 254.

I tried with different services logic that doesn't use DB and I excluded Mobicents as the cause of the problem; so it must be the DB access. Of course the DB is on a remote machine and not on the JBOSS one.

I tried changing the connector/J for MySQL, tried XA and non XA connectors, tried with the NULL PERSISTENCE MANAGER for JMS but nothing. I'm always stuck with that disk writing operation going on...

I was using Hibernate to access the DB and I changed to JDBC statements and prepared statements but I always suffer from the same disk writing operation.

Do you know how can I disable it? I don't want the hd to compromise the overall performance and I would like to know how can someone disable the Jboss Transaction Manager that keeps writing db transactions on the disk.