1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2011 3:02 AM by somewhere2006

Failed to install the service on windows XP

sridhar_ratna

Hi,

i am new to JTA. I have downloaded jbossts-jta-4.2.3.SP5.zip and placed in c:\program files\JBoss\jbts-4.2 as per the installation document.

I am trying to install in on Windows Xp Sp3. I would like to use it as standalone and not integrated with any application or web servers.

but in C:\Program Files\JBoss\jbts-4.2\services\bin\windows i have only 3 files
      InstallRecoveryManagerService-NT.bat
      recoverymanagerservice.bat
      UninstallRecoveryManagerService-NT.bat

But didn't found the InstallTransactionServerService-NT.bat file in this folder as per the installation document.

Now i ran the InstallRecoveryManagerService-NT.bat its giving the following error

C:\Program Files\JBoss\jbts-4.2\services\bin\windows>rem
      '"C:\Program Files\JBoss\jbts-4.2\services\bin\windows\Wrapper.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
      operable program or batch file.
      Press any key to continue . . .

• 1. Re: Failed to install the service on windows XP
          somewhere2006

I am trying installation, and I got the same problem with you. Please anyone could help to see the problem?

According to the guide, "wrapper | JBoss Transaction Service <service name> installed." should be a message for successful installation.

However, when I run InstallRecoveryManagerService-NT.bat, I got the messages below:

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem JBoss, Home of Professional Open Source

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem Copyright 2006, Red Hat Middleware LLC, and individual contributors

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem as indicated by the @author tags.

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem See the copyright.txt in the distribution for a

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem full listing of individual contributors.

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem This cop

yrighted material is made available to anyone wishing to use,

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem modify, copy, or redistribute it subject to the terms and conditions

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem of the GNU Lesser General Public License, v. 2.1.

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT A

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License,

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem v.2.1 along with this distribution; if not, write to the Free Software

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem MA  02110-1301, USA.

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem (C) 2005-2006,

D:\test\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\ArjunaCore\arjuna\services\scripts\windows>rem @authorJBoss Inc.

The system cannot find the path specified.

Press any key to continue . . .

Message was edited by: Daphne L