3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2010 9:07 AM by smithaps89

GateIn Authentication

smithaps89

I amtrying to configure the jmx-console to use the same security/authentication as GateIn does.  Basically I do not want users to be able to view the jmx-console unless they are logged into the portal as a user.

I have set up the jmx-console.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml in the jmx-console war to contain the save security domain as the portal.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml.  And I have also placed the security constraints from the portal.war/WEB-INF/web.xml in the jmx-console.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml.  When using the BASIC auth-method I can log in using the defautl root user and password but my authentication is not transferred after I log into the portal which is desired.  Am I needing SSO for this integration? If so is there a way to set it up easily?  Thanks for any help on this issue.  Attached are my jboss-web.xml and web.xml from the jmx-console.war.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: GateIn Authentication
          artmunro

Andrew,

We are also configuring SSO using CAS ( http://www.jasig.org/cas ) and the Gatein team has confirmed the working solution.  We have not been successful to date with the SSO configurations.  I was hopeing Beta 4 would solve this issue.

If you are successfull feel free to shoot me a message...  If we are successfull we can also enhance documentation for a lessons learned

thanks,

Art

• 2. Re: GateIn Authentication
            theute

Art, note that Andrew's problem is very different.

Andrew, first are you sure you really want to do this ? The JMX console is really developer oriented.

That said in your case you would indeed need to enable SSO, this can be easily achieved by editing:

JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jbossweb.sar/server.xml

You will find this:

<!--
               <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />
            -->

Uncomment the valve and you should be good to go

• 3. Re: GateIn Authentication
              smithaps89
              That valve was exactly it.  Thanks for the help.