1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2010 7:19 AM by mirciob

Rollback for PojoCache works incorrectly.

Hi everyone.

I've written some simple application (deployed on JBoss 5.1) that uses EJB 3.0 and PojoCache 3.0.

The application tests some main functionalities of the cache (put and get methods inside transactions).

I have some simple POJO (implements java.io.Serializable + it's annotated with @Entity).

One of my tests fails. The scenario is like this:

1. Create instance of the POJO.

2. Put created object to the cache (retrieved from PojoCacheJmxWrapperMBean - service defined inside XML file).

3. New transaction: get object from the cache, change one of its fields (with setter method) and than throw RuntimeException (transaction is rolledback).

4. New transaction: check if value of modified field equals the original one (before transaction from point 3) but value is modified although transaction was rolledback.

If I add new object to the cache and rollback current transaction then everything's correct (added object is removed from the cache). Maybe @Replicable annotation is necessary but even if I annotate my POJO with it problem still occurs. I think there's some problem with AOP and "interceptors stack" related with my POJO but I added "pojocache-aop.xml" to my EJB project (META-INF directory). My log files don't contain any ERRORs. I've even checked WARNINGS but there's nothing about cache.

I've attached 2 XML files:

1. definiton of a PojoCacheJmxWrapperMBean service (located in my AS "deploy" directory)

2. pojocache-aop XML file - found in appendix part of the POJO Cache 3.0.0 docs -> I've made some modification: added new global "interceptor" element <interceptor name="SubjectInterceptor" class="org.jboss.cache.pojo.observable.SubjectInterceptor" scope="PER_INSTANCE"/> because originally it was localised inside las "bind" element (what is incorrect for JBoss 5.1 - "bind" element can contains only "interceptor-ref" elements).

Great thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Rollback for PojoCache works incorrectly.

My problem is fixed

It's necessary to configure AOP with weaving.

1. Edit "\conf\bootstrap\aop.xml" - for bean named "AspectManager" set property "enableLoadtimeWeaving" to true and configure properties "include" and "exclude".

2. Edit configuration script for JBoss (for Windows "\bin\run.conf.bat") - add "-javaagent:pluggable-instrumentor.jar" to "JAVA_OPTS" and copy necessary jar (can be found in "\server\default\deployers\jboss-aop-jboss5.deployer") to "bin" directory