7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 3:49 AM by dboutin2

Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR

Hi,

When JBoss 6.0M1 starts, I’ve got the following error :
      <<
      18:06:32,754 INFO  [AbstractServer] JBossAS [6.0.0.M1 (build: SVNTag=JBoss_6_0_0_M1 date=200912040958)] Started in 43s:204ms
      18:07:56,352 WARN  [HDScanner] Failed to process changes
      org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
        Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/myapp" is missing the following dependencies:
          Dependency "jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",serv
      ice=EjbModule' **")
          Dependency "jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",serv
      ice=EjbModule' **")
          Dependency "jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwrite-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwri
      te-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule' **")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
        Deployment "jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule'
        Deployment "jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule'
        Deployment "jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwrite-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwrite-ejb.jar",se
      rvice=EjbModule' **

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:1002)
              at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:948)
              at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:870)
              at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.checkComplete(MainDeployerAdapter.java:128)
              at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.scan(HDScanner.java:378)
      >>

The EAR is well deployed, however the WAR application seems not to detect that the module set in the jboss-web.xml of WEB-INF folder in WAR.

Jboss-web.xml
      <<
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <jboss-web>
        <context-root>/myapp</context-root>
        <security-domain>java:jaas/myapp-web</security-domain>

<!-- Make the webapp dependent of the deployment of the engine -->
        <depends>jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule</depends>
        <depends>jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwrite-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule</depends>
        <depends>jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule</depends>
      </jboss-web>
      >>

The following modules are well deployed in the JMX console :
      - jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule
      - jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwrite-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule
      - jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule

If I query the JMX console with exactly those strings those modules are well found but it is not the case inside JBoss 6.0M1. Those kind of settings works well under JBoss 4.0.0.

Does something changed inside JBoss 6.0M1 related to those dependencies between WAR & EAR ?

The idea beyond that is to be sure that the EAR is loaded before the WAR file.

Do you need more elements regarding that case ?

Regards,
      Denis.

• 1. Re: Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR
          jaikiran

dboutin2 wrote:

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
            Deployment "jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-agents-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule'
            Deployment "jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-engine-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule'
            Deployment "jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwrite-ejb.jar",service=EjbModule" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module="company-data-readwrite-ejb.jar",se
          rvice=EjbModule' **

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:1002)
                  at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:948)
                  at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:870)
                  at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.checkComplete(MainDeployerAdapter.java:128)
                  at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.scan(HDScanner.java:378)

If i am reading this right, then for some reason there appears to be a circular dependency company-engine-ejb.jar depending on itself. Does the application deploy correctly if you remove the war from the ear?

• 2. Re: Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR

If i remove the war the application deploy correctly.

There is an EAR file and a WAR file.

• 3. Re: Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR

I tried to put a dependency on a system jmx service in my WAR and the same type of error is comming :

<<

19:06:00,593 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
                Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/myapp" is missing the following dependencies:
                  Dependency "java.lang:name=Code Cache,type=MemoryPool" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'java.lang:name=Code Cache,type=MemoryPool' **")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
                Deployment "java.lang:name=Code Cache,type=MemoryPool" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'java.lang:name=Code Cache,type=MemoryPool' **

19:06:00,612 INFO  [Http11Protocol] D´+¢marrage de Coyote HTTP/1.1 sur http-127.0.0.1-8080
              19:06:00,633 INFO  [AjpProtocol] Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-127.0.0.1-8009
              19:06:00,643 INFO  [AbstractServer] JBossAS [6.0.0.M1 (build: SVNTag=JBoss_6_0_0_M1 date=200912040958)] Started in 41s:668ms

>>

• 4. Re: Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR
                I've tried the same deployment on JBoss 5.1.0GA (with WAR refering to dependency inside the EAR) and it works well but not in JBoss6
                • 5. Re: Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR
                  jaikiran

dboutin2 wrote:

I've tried the same deployment on JBoss 5.1.0GA (with WAR refering to dependency inside the EAR) and it works well but not in JBoss6

I think i know what the issue might be (although i can't locate that JIRA right now). Can you please create a new JIRA here https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS and attach a sample application which reproduces this?

• 6. Re: Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR
                    jaikiran

jaikiran wrote:

I think i know what the issue might be (although i can't locate that JIRA right now).

It's this one https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPAPP-2419

For EJB2.x beans, it appears that the MBean name is now changed to contain a UID appended which makes the MBean name non-deterministic.

• 7. Re: Error when defining dependency between an EAR and its related WAR

The strange thing is when I copy / paste the existing <depends> string (without uid) in the search box of jmx-console the correct module is returned. However, I will open a case with JIRA.

Regards,

Denis.