4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 2:22 PM by devuy

Legacy System Integration with IFrame and SSO

alartin

Hi all,

We are evaluating GateIn as our Portal :we have some legacy systems(Java Web Apps using Struts) and hope to switch into GateIn Portal. Our plan is that all new projects will be developed as Portlets deployed in GateIn Portal and legacy systems will be integrated into GateIn with IFrame Portlet. We are not sure about the latter:

1. We've implemented SSO using CAS in these legacy systems, will it work fine if we integrated them using IFrame Portlet?
      2. If yes, how?
      3. Or should we use GateIn Identity Manager to hold unified identity information and discard CAS? In this case, can it be done easily?

Many thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Legacy System Integration with IFrame and SSO
          theute

SSO would be the easiest so you don't have to change your legacy applications.

There is basic info to integrate CAS with GateIn here:

http://docs.jboss.com/gatein/portal/3.0.0-Beta04/reference-guide/en-US/html/ch04.html#d0e1139

But it looks like a user got some issues with it, see:

http://community.jboss.org/message/518339#518339

It would be interesting to have your feedback as it works fine for us.

Thanks !

• 2. Re: Legacy System Integration with IFrame and SSO
            artmunro

Thomas,

I believe that you have it working for the Jboss AS bundle .. correct?  But not the Tomcat Bundle Version.  The build comands are indead atempting to package/unpackage an ear file that is used in Jboss deployment and not the WAR that is used in Tomcat.  This results in the build failing and not deploying the plugin to Gatein Server.

I have not tested but if you are deploying to Jboss Bundle then all might work as described in the document.  I will search jira to see if there have been bugs raised against this and see if we can get it cleaned up.  After the I will update the documentation of CAS to reflect and submit

cheers,

Art

ps still no luck with CAS but we are very close

• 3. Re: Legacy System Integration with IFrame and SSO
              theute

I rewrote the documentation for CAS configuration today, instead of using Maven I explained the steps so that anyone can do manually.

I tested both on JBoss AS and Tomcat (for GateIn, CAS server runs on Tomcat).

Yes the Maven packaging was targetting JBoss AS, it's fairly easy to adapt to Tomcat, the main difference is to edit TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jaas.conf to have:

gatein-domain {
                 org.gatein.sso.agent.login.SSOLoginModule required
                 org.exoplatform.services.security.j2ee.JbossLoginModule required
                 portalContainerName=portal
                 realmName=gatein-domain
              };

instead of editing gatein.ear/META-INF/gatein-jboss-beans.xml

Anyway, the new documentation will be released next week with GateIn Portal 3.0 CR1 along with configuration files that have the CAS description commented out and JARs already available in the package.

• 4. Re: Legacy System Integration with IFrame and SSO
                devuy

SSO would be the easiest so you don't have to change your legacy applications.

There is basic info to integrate CAS with GateIn here:

http://docs.jboss.com/gatein/portal/3.0.0-Beta04/reference-guide/en-US/html/ch04.html#d0e1139

Using CAS can help me not changing my legacy app?

I was trying to make a servlet that catchs the login requests and invokes the legacy login doing a post. I know this isn't the best way. Is there a neater way to do this?

Thx.