3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2010 4:07 PM by dehallman

Windows Service Magic?

dehallman

I'm brand new to GateIn.  I downloaded version GateIn 3.0 Beta 4 and installed it on a Windows Server. It started fine from a command prompt.  When I created it as a service using service.bat, it did not start properly.    Is there anything special, in additon to calling Service install, that I need to do to get it to run as a Windows service?

I have attached the server.log.

• 1. Re: Windows Service Magic?
          dehallman
          Disregard this.  This is a general JBOSS problem.
          • 2. Re: Windows Service Magic?
            mwringe

What is the wrong behaviour you are seeing?

• 3. Re: Windows Service Magic?
              dehallman

Thanks for your response.

Sorry it took me so long to respond.  We've have had some operations problems that kept us from getting to the internet.

The server doesn't respond when I try to get to it through the browser while running as a service.  I can't get into either the basic JBOSS admin screen.  Nor can I get into the Gate In sample portal http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal.  This morning I was able to get a plain copy of JBOSS running as a service on another machine with no problem. I was hoping that was it.  But it didn't help me get GateIn running as a service.   Can't do the same with the unzipped instance of GateIn/JBOSS.  I have attached files related to a GateIn Service start from last week.

At the end of the servers.log you'll notice some memory heap problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Dave