4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 10:39 AM by peterj

JBoss Compatibility with Windows Server 2008

Our product uses the JBoss 4.0.4 as an application server. Currently we are supporting Windows Server 2003 and planning to support Windows Server 2008. We want to know that is JBoss 4.0.4 fully compatible with Windows Server 2008 (64 bit)?

Please respond if anybody has any idea.

Thanks

• 1. Re: JBoss Compatibility with Windows Server 2008
          peterj

The real question is whether the JVM you are using will run correctly on Windows 2008. Recalling my earlier forays into Vista when it first came out I noticed that there were some JVM issues, mostly related to the GUI however. So which JVM version are you using? It hope it is at least 1.5. I suggest that you get the latest 1.5 version, that should work for you.

There is no issue between 32-bit vs. 64-bit. You can run either a 32-biut or 64-bit JVM on a 64-bit Windows 2008 machine, and JBoss AS will run on both of them.

• 2. Re: JBoss Compatibility with Windows Server 2008

Thanks Peter.

Your answer is logically true but I am expecting more practical answers.

Please let me know if anybody installed and used JBoss on Windows 2008.

• 3. Re: JBoss Compatibility with Windows Server 2008
              jaikiran

anand.mishra26 wrote:

Thanks Peter.

Your answer is logically true but I am expecting more practical answers.

Please let me know if anybody installed and used JBoss on Windows 2008.

I think Peter has already explained what it takes to run JBoss AS on Windows 2008 (or for that matter any other OS). What kind of "practical" answer are you expecting? By the way, have you tried installing and running JBoss on Windows 2008? Did you run into any issues? If yes, then post the details, we will be glad to help.

• 4. Re: JBoss Compatibility with Windows Server 2008
                peterj
                I haved run JBoss AS 4.2.x and 5.x on Windows Server 2008, using the latest JDK5 and JDK6. AS 4.0.x should also run fine with JDK5. If you are using JDK 1.4, then no, I have not tried that. You need to look on Sun's web site to see what they say about compatibility of JDK 1.4 with Windows Server 2008.