3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 8:51 AM by wolfgangknauf

How to deploy a Swing-client with jbossall-client.jar?

oliverroell

Hi,

I have written a Swing-client that wants to lookup a stateless session-bean from JBoss 5.1.0., and the lookup works fine within Eclipse. But when I try to deploy the client to the users, I need some JARs containing the JEE-files for the lookup. In JBoss 4 it was sufficient to deploy jbossall-client.jar with the Swing-application, but in JBoss 5, jbossall-client.jar contains only a classpath reference to various client jar files. I must deploy the 51 additional files mentioned in the readme.txt from jbossall-client.jar to my Swing-client to make the application work.

This seems very inconvenient and cumbersome. Is this really necessary to deploy so much files to my Swing-clients?

I only need the following three classes javax.naming.Context, javax.naming.InitialContext and javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject for the lookup.

Do I really need all 51 jar-files mentioned in the readme.txt for this intention?

Kind regards

Oliver

• 1. Re: How to deploy a Swing-client with jbossall-client.jar?
          wolfgangknauf

Hi,

I don't know of a list of required JAR files. I think you will have to start with a minimum configuration and add more jars after each "ClassNotFoundException". This way, "jboss-all-client.jar" is not required, because it does not contain any code.

Maybe Tattletale will help to resolve the dependencies:

{url}http://www.jboss.org/tattletale/{url}

If you have a minimal list, you might add a JBoss wiki entry.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 2. Re: How to deploy a Swing-client with jbossall-client.jar?
            oliverroell

Hi Wolfgang,

thank you for the suggestions. The idea with the minimal list is good but not really realizable, because there are too many interdependencies between the JAR-files. Thus I have decided to deploy the application with all required JAR-files from the jbossall-client. Now my clients work, but I think, it's not a practically deployment-solution from JBoss to handle with so much JAR-files.

Kind regards

Oliver

• 3. Re: How to deploy a Swing-client with jbossall-client.jar?
              wolfgangknauf

Hi Oliver,

the list of required JARs depends on your app. The more JBoss features (EJB2, EJB3, EJB3 injection, Web service access) it uses, the more libraries it needs. So it probably is quite hard to define a set of minimum required JARs, and it might change with each JBoss version.

Best regards

Wolfgang