1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 1:35 PM by peterj

How to specify custom deployment location?

I understand that I can specify a new deployment directory in which JBoss will look for deployments by editing profile.xml file such as:

<bean name="BootstrapProfileFactory" class="org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.StaticProfileFactory">
            <property name="bindingsURI">${jboss.server.home.url}conf/bindingservice.beans</property>
            <property name="bootstrapURI">${jboss.server.home.url}conf/jboss-service.xml</property>
              <property name="deployersURI">${jboss.server.home.url}deployers</property>
              <property name="applicationURIs">
                  <list elementClass="java.net.URI">
                      <value>${jboss.server.home.url}deploy</value>
                      <!--Add my custom directory here-->
                      <value>file:/C:/svn/app/target</value>
                  </list>
              </property>
              <property name="attachmentStoreRoot">${jboss.server.data.dir}/attachments</property>
              <property name="profileFactory"><inject bean="ProfileFactory" /></property>
      </bean>

However I don't want to specify a new folder for JBoss to scan, I just want to specify one specific deployment for JBoss to load.  I.e. in the example above I just want to load the war at <value>file:/C:/svn/app/target/app-war</value>

How can I do this?  Is there a place to just specify a war to load?  Or if I have to specify a folder can I exclude all but the one I want it to load?

• 1. Re: How to specify custom deployment location?
          peterj

AS 4.3.2 and earlier let you specify either a directory (the entry ended in a '/') or an application* (no trailing slash, but required a suffix).But in 5.x, with the new deployment mechansims, the ability to specifc an application went away.

I know that there was a post a year or two back where I went through all of the possibilities, indicating what worked and what didn't but I can't find it.

I'm sure that if my memory is incorrect that someone will jump in and tell me I am wrong!

* I think it allowed both archive files and exploded directories; I know I researched this a long time ago but cannot conclusively recall the results.