3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 6:37 AM by mferpan

JBoss ON error with Oracle plugin

mferpan
      Hello,

I'm trying to monitor my Oracle application. The agent is working  perfectly, but my Oracle application is not monitoring correctly.

I've added the plugin from  Oracle (RHQ-oracle-plugin-1.2.0.GA.jar) which is need it to  monitor  this application, but when it's run for the first time I get an error,  the
      error message is:

An  unexpected error occurred in the Agent. Cause:  java.lang.Exception:Discovery  component invocation failed. ->  org.rhq.core.pluginapi.
      inventory.InvalidPluginConfigurationException:Unable  to  connect to Oracle ->  org.rhq.core.pluginapi.inventory.InvalidPluginConfigurationException:Specified   JDBC driver class (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver) not found.

i  believe the  error says "can not load the driver" because ojdbc is not into  plugin-oracle-plugin-1.2.0.GA.jar. Looking  for information I came to this link:
      http://jopr.org/display/RHQ/Advanced+Build+Notes # AdvancedBuildNotes-BuildingWithOracle

I've  added the library ojdbc14.jar within the plugin, as explained in  the link, creating a lib in the root directory of the plugin and  entering into this ojdbc14.jar driver (downloaded from Oracle's  website).

I replaced the plugin  and restarted the agent,  to reload, but I keep getting the same error.

The plugin is updated into server's  too

Thank you in advance.
        • 1. Re: JBoss ON error with Oracle plugin
          ips

It sounds like you've updated the plugin correctly. To deploy the updated version of the plugin, first copy the updated plugin jar to the Server's rhq-plugins directory. Watch the Server log and wait for messages that tell you the plugin was fully updated (metadata updates complete). Then from each Agent, run the "plugins update" command from the Agent prompt. This will pull down the plugin to the Agents.

• 2. Re: JBoss ON error with Oracle plugin
            mferpan

Hi Ian,

Next monday i'll test your solution, tody it's not possible

Thank you so much

• 3. Re: JBoss ON error with Oracle plugin
              mferpan

Hi Ian,

I followed your instructions to configure and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you so much !!