8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2010 10:41 AM by plamarque

GateIn and Exadel Fiji

holgerain

Hello,

i'am trying to use Exadel Fiji in my Jsf/Richfaces GateIn WebProject. Has someone experience in this case ??

at first i add the following jar's to the webproject

amf-serializer-1.6.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
      fiji-api-1.0.0.jar
      fiji-ui-1.0.0.jar
      flamingo-service-jsf-1.6.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
      jhighlight-1.0.jar
      jsf-facelets.jar
      laguna.jar
      portletbridge-api-1.0.0.CR3.jar
      portletbridge-impl-1.0.0.CR3.jar
      richfaces-api-3.3.2.SR1.jar
      richfaces-impl-3.3.2.SR1.jar
      richfaces-ui-3.3.2.SR1.jar
      standard.jar

when i'am calling the first fiji tag from taglib, i get the following exception

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.gatein.pc.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.RenderRequestImpl
              at com.exadel.fiji.renderkit.AbstractFlashRenderer.getMandatoryParams(AbstractFlashRenderer.java:130)
              at com.exadel.fiji.renderkit.AbstractFlashRenderer.getScriptParams(AbstractFlashRenderer.java:92)
              at com.exadel.fiji.renderkit.FlashRendererBase.doEncodeEnd(FlashRendererBase.java:162)
              at com.exadel.fiji.renderkit.FlashRendererBase.doEncodeEnd(FlashRendererBase.java:224)
              at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.encodeEnd(RendererBase.java:134)
              at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:861)
              at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:937)

Anyone has an idea what i can do ?

It's a portlet based Application so the RenderRequest and Response are portlet based.

Thanks

bye Holger

• 1. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
          mwringe
          does any of those jars you added provide javax.portlet.RenderRequest? If one of them does, remove it, those classes are provided by the portal itself.
          • 2. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
            plamarque

You typically get that king of class cast when the undrlying framework attempts to case JSF's ExternalContext.getRequest() to an HttpServletRequest.

In portal environnment, this assumption is false.

I don't know anything about Fidji, so I can't help much more. HTH anyway.

• 3. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
              holgerain

Thanks for the advice,

no Class in this Jar Files contains the javax.portlet.RenderRequest or extends this...

• 4. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
                theute

My bet is like Patrice's one.

But since Fiji doesn't have source available it can be tell 100%

Doing this kind of classcast is usually the number 1 culprit for a JSF framework to not work in a portal environment.

You can ask the question on Exadel forum and push them for portlet support

• 5. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
                  holgerain

Thanks Thomas,

i have droped the discussion yesterday, but the forum is not so activ

Do you know if it work better with portlet-bridge 2.0 ?

• 6. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
                    theute

It's really an issue with the JSF components (Fiji here) the portlet bridge can't do anything for this.

This is why for JBoss Portlet Bridge we work closely with RichFaces (AJAX JSF components) team and we do QA of RichFaces components in a portal

• 7. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
                      holgerain

Do you know any chart component i can use in portlet enviroment with jsf and richfaces ?

To integrate GWT is also not so easy, i thing. (GWT Ajax JS libs and Richfaces Ajax JS libs, are a little bit different )

• 8. Re: GateIn and Exadel Fiji
                        plamarque

HolgerAin wrote:

To integrate GWT is also not so easy, i thing. (GWT Ajax JS libs and Richfaces Ajax JS libs, are a little bit different )

I don't know if GWT support of charting is good, but I know iIt's fairly easy to implement GWT gadgets.

Check here : http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/wiki/GadgetsGettingStarted

Gatein has a builtin gadget container.  To display your gwt gadget in gatein,  you then have 2 options : lay it on the Dashboard portlet or use the simple gadget wrapper portlet.

See a few apps written with this technology and runing on gatein here : http://gwt.demo.exoplatform.org/portal/public/classic/

1 of 1 people found this helpful