3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2010 1:39 AM by akazakov

Opening the backing bean from facelet directly

asookazian

Does JBT offer support/functionality to open the SFSB impl class, for example, or POJO backing bean for fooBean below?

action="#{fooBean.submit}"

If I double-click fooBean or high-light it, can I then right-click and open the class?  Usually I do a CTRL-SHFT-T and then search on "fooBean" which typically leads to "fooBeanImpl" or similar for a Seam 2.x app.  thx.

• 1. Re: Opening the backing bean from facelet directly
          akazakov

Yes, JBT has such features.

If you enabled Seam support (Project->Properties->Seam Settings) for your project then just use Ctrl+Click on EL to open corresponding Session bean.

And you have to add JSF capabilities (right click on a project->Configure->Add JSF capabilities) then Ctrl+Click will work for plain managed beans too.

If you created the project via New Seam Web Project wizard then your project already has Seam and JSF support enabled.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Opening the backing bean from facelet directly
            asookazian
            I used Ctrl+Click on EL to open corresponding Session bean source.  However, that source code is not editable.  I want to go directly to the real source code of the backing bean POJO/SFSB to edit it right away.  Is this possible?
            • 3. Re: Opening the backing bean from facelet directly
              akazakov
              When you Ctrl+Click on an EL then JBT just open Java Editor for corresponding bean. If the class is not editable there it means this class is binar (from jar or *.class file). For examle try to open java.lang.String. You can't edit this class because it is from jar. But if a class from source folder within the project then Java Editor allows to edit it.