2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 7:09 PM by karlkras

picklist table formatting.

karlkras

Hi again,

Working with pickList, I'm using a 2 column panel grid for layout. I have 3 picklist controls at various rows in the 2nd column. I do not want to have any table borders in the view so I'm attempting use something like this:

<div id="project">

<h:panelGrid columns="2" columnClasses="gridCol1,gridCol2" styleClass="tableGrid">

// add all of my stuff to the grid...

</h:panelGrid>

</div>

so in my style sheet I do this:

#project table {

border: 0;

}

#project table td {

border: 0;

}

and for the most part it works to completely remove borders, a bit too well unfortunately. Doing this also removes the borders that draw on the event that an item in either the source or target list of the picklist is selected. I've tried to selectively remove borders from tables but I'm having no luck. How can I maintain the selection behavior of the picklists while removing all other table related borders?

• 1. Re: picklist table formatting.
          nbelaevski

Hi Karl,

Every RF component comes with a set of predefined rich-* CSS classes (list of them is in user guide) that can be used to customize component's look. So you have to define rich-* CSS classes for selection with the proper styling. Another option will be using more fine-grained selectors for the TABLE/TD elements (e.g. .class or #id > table > td).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: picklist table formatting.
            karlkras

Hi Nick,

Yep I'm aware of this. I think I've run into a case of too many styles are clashing in my style sheet. I've started from scratch and think I've worked out the problem. Not sure exactly where it came from, but process of elimination has seemed to worked.

thanks!

Karl