2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2010 10:33 PM by ron_sigal

Which Library for 4.2.3.GA

bjchip

We have 4.2.3.GA  installed in a cluster on RHEL5.4 with dual homed  nodes.

Simple 2 node cluster.

First node app has durable subscription to a topic... but does not close subscription when it is shut down. 

Only while clustered.   When not clustered, no problem.

One earlier reference to a similar problem points at code for remoting needing upgrade.

I see I have Implementation 2.2.2.SP8   ( found the jar, looked in the Manifest).

Question is  -

1.  -  What should I be using?    

respectfully

BJ

• 1. Re: Which Library for 4.2.3.GA
          bjchip

Additional question.  How does one install this in 4.2.3 ?  Is it simply (he asks hopefully) a matter of replacing the jars in the library?

Is there any instruction for doing it that someone can point at?

• 2. Re: Which Library for 4.2.3.GA
            ron_sigal

Hi BJ.

What should I be using? 

I always recommend using the latest combination of Remoting and JBossMessaging jars, because we've fixed quite a few issues over time.  The 2.2.2.x generation of Remoting releases evolved into the 2.2.3 releases, the newest of which is 2.2.3.SP1.  Actually, version 2.2.3.SP2 is tagged, but I haven't uploaded it to the download site yet.  I believe the appropriate version of JBossMessaging is 1.4.0.SP3_CP10, but I don't see it on the JBM download page.   Of course, the beauty of open source is that you can build the jars yourself.

How does one install this in 4.2.3 ?  Is it simply (he asks hopefully) a matter of replacing the jars in the library?

It is indeed.  The server uses jboss-remoting.jar from the $JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/lib.  Also, the jars in the $JBOSS_HOME/client directory are intended for use by clients, so you should update jboss-remoting.jar in that directory as well.

found the jar, looked in the Manifest

jboss-remoting.jar has the property that if you type

java -jar jboss-remoting.jar

it will print the version.

-Ron