3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 2:50 AM by clebert.suconic

Deployers storing values

clebert.suconic

As we talked today, the deployers will not store the configuration.

If a CF, Queue, Topic.. anything is already on the XML, There's no need to persist it.

Basically.. if you remove the address settings, CF.. or anything from the XML while the server is down, we would expect it going away when you restart the server.

So, what I plan doing is adding a boolean storeConfig for each method being used by the deployers.

You will have something like createQueue(boolean storeConfig, queueName.....   etc... etc).

• 1. Re: Deployers storing values
          clebert.suconic

Those signature changes will be on JMSServerManager and HornetQServer.

The controls will also send true on persistConfig

the deployers will also send false on persistConfig

• 2. Re: Deployers storing values
            timfox

Clebert Suconic wrote:

As we talked today, the deployers will not store the configuration.

If a CF, Queue, Topic.. anything is already on the XML, There's no need to persist it.

Basically.. if you remove the address settings, CF.. or anything from the XML while the server is down, we would expect it going away when you restart the server.

So, what I plan doing is adding a boolean storeConfig for each method being used by the deployers.

You will have something like createQueue(boolean storeConfig, queueName.....   etc... etc).

Did you change *all* the deployers or just the deployer for hornet-jms.xml?

What we discussed yesterday was only related to the deployer for hornetq-jms.xml not all deployers.

Can you clarify?

• 3. Re: Deployers storing values
              clebert.suconic

all the deployers I mean the AS deployers and the HQ deployers.

the core deployers are not storing configs ATM. Those deployers are not using the Controllers (they are using the HornetQServer directly), and SecuritySettings, AddressSettings are only persisted if through the Controller.

I don't think we should persist those settings if coming from the XMLs anyway.