3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2010 12:37 PM by nehalshah50

Getting Unresponsive EPR error while waiting to get response from webservice

I have an custom action class which makes the webservice SOAP call to outside webservice and when making the request to outside webserivce and waiting for the response i get following error.

13:30:33,429 INFO  [ServiceInvoker] Unresponsive EPR: InVMEpr [ PortReference <

<wsa:Address invm://4f6e6553697465242424242424242424242424477565737443617264496e

666c6f77/false?false#10000/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:passByValue : fa

lse/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:type : urn:jboss/esb/epr/type/invm/> >

] for message: header: [  ]

Following is highlevel info on my project

1. I've published the webservice on ESB similar to 'publish as service' quickstart example

2. I am using SoapUI tool to send request to my exposed webservice

3. Once I receive the request, the next step in my action pipeline is to transform the message using Smooksaction to transform message to vendor specific format.

4. Once I transform the  message, I call my custom action class to make a SOAP call to outside webservice.( i didn't use out-of-the box SOAPAction as I had some issues with it due to the webservice I need to call is .NET).

I tried looking at copule of discusstion threads and according to that I've made following changes in jbossesb-properties.xml in jbossesb.sar

<property name="org.jboss.soa.esb.jms.connectionPool" value="40"/>

<property name="org.jboss.soa.esb.ws.timeout" value="90000"/>

Has anyone faced this issue? Any help? Suggestions?

• 1. Re: Getting Unresponsive EPR error while waiting to get response from webservice
          kconner

The DEBUG logs should show you how the message is progressing through the pipeline, what can you see in them?

• 2. Re: Getting Unresponsive EPR error while waiting to get response from webservice
            h.wolffenbuttel

Hi,

If you get an Unresponsive EPR then you might have a problem with the reply location setting of your message. I will illustrate:

queue1 =>   serviceA  => queue2 => serviceB

When a message from queue1 is pickedup and there is a queue1_reply defined for request-response as the reply queue, then the message will return to queue1_reply to deliver the response. if by any chance you send your message by a service invoker in a customaction to serviceB and you don't create a new message you will get an Unresponsive EPR. This is because the message should have a reply location of queue2_reply but instead it has still queue1_reply as reply location. This means that the service invoker which is used by the custom action still is wating for the message to return but never will get an answer because of the wrong reply location.

When you use the service invoker, the reply location is only set when it is empty.

Regards,

Hans

• 3. Re: Getting Unresponsive EPR error while waiting to get response from webservice

My service is request resposne and I've exposed it as a webservice using inXsd , outXsd configuration. I don't have queues.

It looks like I was getting the timeouts while making webservice call to out side webservice in my custom action class. So upon time out I was getting this unresponsive EPR error. I figured out why I was getting timeouts so now I am not seeing this error. But I still would like to know how should I configure my action pipeline when there is a true timeout situation because I don't want to see unresponsive EPR errors.

Any suggestions would help.