1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 4:43 AM by mmusgrov

How can I access a jbossts bean via the profile service?

mmusgrov

I want to examine the beans defined in transaction-jboss-beans.xml via the profile service.

For example to read the TransactionStatistics bean I expect to be able to do something similar to the following:

InitialContext ic = new InitialContext();

ManagementView managementView = (ManagementView) ic.lookup("java:ManagementView");

ManagedComponent mc = managementView.getComponent("TransactionStatistics",

new ComponentType("jboss.jta:name=TransactionStatistics",

"com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TxStatsMBean"));

However, I think I am supplying the wrong type/subtype pair for the ManagedComponent.

Can anyone suggest what the correct type / subtype pair I need to use corresponding to, for example, the JMX annotation:

<annotation>@org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMX(name="jboss.jta:name=TransactionStatistics", exposedInterface=com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TxStatsMBean.class, registerDirectly=true)</annotation>
        • 1. Re: How can I access a jbossts bean via the profile service?
          mmusgrov

I wasn't reading the xml file correctly - just after the JMX annotation there is the declaration of the ManagedComponent:

@org.jboss.managed.api.annotation.ManagementObject(name="TransactionStatistics",componentType=@org.jboss.managed.api.annotation.ManagementComponent(type = "MCBean", subtype = "JTA"),targetInterface=com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TxStatsMBean.class)