1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2010 4:22 PM by Kevin Conner

environment with jbossAS 5.1, jbpm 4.3 and esb 4.8

Jose Miguel Loor Apprentice

Hi

I am trying to decide wich could be a good development / production environment for all these technologies:

I started with jbpm; downloaded the jbpm-4.3 distribution and followed the guide (using jboss 5.1.0 GA); now, on the same server i would like to use esb 4.8 as well

for what i have seen, esb comes with a jbpm.esb deployment wich i believe es jbpm 3.something; am i right ??? so, in the jboss server/default/deploy folder i have a jbpm folder and a jpbm.esb folder

now i have some questions:

1 are those folders (jbpm, jbpm.esb) destined to do the same thing (i mean provide jbpm services) or are they different products ??

2 is this a good environment or should i change the jbpm distribution to a previous version (compatible with esb 4.8) ??

3 if i decide to keep my jboss AS 5.1.0.GA with jbpm 4.3, can i safely use the esb-server without compatibility issues ??

4 is it a good idea to have them separated (jbossAS + jbpm in one server and esb in another) or is it better to have them all in the same SA intallation ??

thanks a lot