2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 2:49 AM by aren_f

rich calendar styles problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with rich calendar styles, It seems that the styles are not working on the rich calendar in my project.

I have this problem because the rich faces skin was set to plain in web.xml, and the calendar styles are not working.

If I set the rich faces skin to blueSky in web.xml file, the rich calendar styles are working properly, but I dont want to change the skin in web.xml, because the whole project will be changed.

So, what is the best solution, to make the styles work for rich calendar when the rich faces skin was set to plain in web.xml file ?

by the way,

I have a solution, but this is not the best solution as I know. here it is :

to over write the css classes of rich calendar. eg. to over write rich-calendar-button, rich-calendar-input ...

but is this the only solution for having proper styles ?

attched you can find the broken style of the rich calendar in my project(you can see that it is transparent, and other components under the rich calendar are visible).

Thanks

Aren

• 1. Re: rich calendar styles problem
          ilya_shaikovsky

Plain skin called "plain" because it does not provide any skinning. No backgrounds, colors and so on.. So you see the designed result You just need to define backgrounds on your own in this particular case.

by the way,

I have a solution, but this is not the best solution as I know. here it is :

to over write the css classes of rich calendar. eg. to over write rich-calendar-button, rich-calendar-input ...

About "it's not the best solution"  - Actually it's the best solution. These classes defined specially for that.. In order developers to use them for styling in plan skin or new skin or customizing actual skin styles in any existent.

• 2. Re: rich calendar styles problem

Thanks Ilya for the useful response