2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 10:12 AM by stormtag

Silly Problem: Skins on Demo Site

stormtag

I'm considering using Rich Faces for one of my projects in the future but the demo site (http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/index.jsp) doesn't seem to let me change skins to see different skins. Since Skinnability is an important feature, I would like to ensure than the skinnability is easy and broad. :)

Please tell me what might be causing this problem. I click other skins (ruby or wine, for example) and the same blue skin stays in place. A few images might be changing, but it's hard to tell.

Also, how easy is it to skin custom components or divs? I'd likely be combining RichFaces with facelets and being able to define a reusable component or composition, which I can quickly reskin would be a great help.

• 1. Re: Silly Problem: Skins on Demo Site
          ilya_shaikovsky

1) Demosite contains custom blue colored markup which isn't affected by skin fully. Please open any component page in order to see how the skin affects the components. All the demo was not skinned because the standard elements skinability and themes mechanisms was not implemented when it was under development :)

2) Yes skinability could be used not only for the components itself but also for standard elements. correspoding demo page(standard skinning) shows the examples.

• 2. Re: Silly Problem: Skins on Demo Site
            stormtag

Ahkay. Makes sense. Just not what I expected, obviously. :)

I'll take a better look.