2 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2010 5:27 PM by alrubinger

Hiding the True Error

alrubinger

Hey guys:

I'm getting the following error message which looks wrong, and I suspect is hiding the true problem.  I've seen this before due to different underlying causes.

12:06:43,718 ERROR [org.jboss.profileservice.bootstrap] Failed to load profile:: org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
        Deployment "org.jboss.ejb3.EmbeddedEJBContainerASAdaptor" is missing the following dependencies:
          Dependency "interface org.jboss.bootstrap.api.mc.server.MCServer" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'interface org.jboss.bootstrap.api.mc.server.MCServer' **")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
        Deployment "interface org.jboss.bootstrap.api.mc.server.MCServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'interface org.jboss.bootstrap.api.mc.server.MCServer' **

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:1253) [:2.2.0.Alpha4]
          at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:905) [:2.2.0.Alpha4]
          at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.deployers.MainDeployerPlugin.checkComplete(MainDeployerPlugin.java:87) [:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
          at org.jboss.profileservice.deployment.ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.checkAllComplete(ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.java:118) [:0.1.0.Alpha1]
          at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:133) [:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
          at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:56) [:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
          at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer.startBootstraps(AbstractServer.java:827) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]
          at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer$StartServerTask.run(AbstractServer.java:417) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [:1.6.0_14]

All that's being done is a simple injection by type; my unit tests which do the same pass, but this fails when coming into AS.

<bean name="org.jboss.ejb3.EmbeddedEJBContainerASAdaptor">
          <constructor>
            <parameter name="server">
              <inject />
            </parameter>
          </constructor>
        </bean>

public EmbeddedEJBContainerASAdaptor(@Inject final MCServer server) throws IllegalStateException,
               IllegalArgumentException

S,

ALR

• 1. Re: Hiding the True Error
          alesj

Yeah, this can get confusing sometimes - had similar experience a few times.

But I always checked if there is something more we can do, failing to find some better way.

I'll have another look. Can you provide some example?

• 2. Re: Hiding the True Error
            alrubinger

Ales Justin wrote:

I'll have another look. Can you provide some example?

I can't seem to recover the error; it was from a local patch I eventually figured out and worked through.  Will keep in mind next time to send you the failing case.

S,

ALR