3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 2:57 AM by theute

SSO issues. Next release to fix bug

javaspack

I have been trying to get a working SSO solution using Kerberos. I believe I have a working solution, but have now hit what appears to be a bug.

The error I am getting is this (I have trimmed it down and left the important stuff:

2010-05-06 13:06:46,685 INFO  [org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.UserDAOImpl] Cannot obtain attributes for user: user@REALM; 
      org.picketlink.idm.common.exception.IdentityException: IdentityObject[ user@REALM | USER] not present in the store.
           at org.picketlink.idm.impl.store.hibernate.HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.getHibernateIdentityObject(HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.java:2444)
           at org.picketlink.idm.impl.store.hibernate.HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.safeGet(HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.java:2356)
           at org.picketlink.idm.impl.store.hibernate.HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.getAttributes(HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.java:1649)
           at org.picketlink.idm.impl.repository.FallbackIdentityStoreRepository.getAttributes(FallbackIdentityStoreRepository.java:1204)
           at org.picketlink.idm.impl.api.session.managers.AttributesManagerImpl.getAttributes(AttributesManagerImpl.java:165)
           at org.picketlink.idm.impl.api.session.managers.AttributesManagerImpl.getAttributes(AttributesManagerImpl.java:189)
           at org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.UserDAOImpl.populateUser(UserDAOImpl.java:508)
           at org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.UserDAOImpl.getPopulatedUser(UserDAOImpl.java:493)
           at org.exoplatform.services.organization.idm.UserDAOImpl.findUserByName(UserDAOImpl.java:226)
           at org.exoplatform.web.CacheUserProfileFilter.doFilter(CacheUserProfileFilter.java:62)
      Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: createCriteria is not valid without active transaction
           at org.hibernate.context.ThreadLocalSessionContext$TransactionProtectionWrapper.invoke(ThreadLocalSessionContext.java:338)
           at $Proxy361.createCriteria(Unknown Source)
           at org.picketlink.idm.impl.store.hibernate.HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.getHibernateIdentityObject(HibernateIdentityStoreImpl.java:2432)
           ... 44 more

I found this JIRA issue that appears to be the same thing.
      https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/GTNPORTAL-1048

If I can get that verified, when will the next release that has this bug fixed be coming?

• 1. Re: SSO issues. Next release to fix bug
          prabhat.jha

It's good to see SSO+Kerberos interest. Yes, what you have run into is indeed a problem with GateIn 3.0.0.Final release and is fixed in GateIn trunk and its dependent modules currently. It will be available in upcoming JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform (EPP) and GateIn 3.0.1.GA.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SSO issues. Next release to fix bug
            javaspack

That's good to hear. Whether it is 3.0.1 or 3.1 or even 3.0.0.sp1 doesn't really matter to me. What I was really hoping for was a timeframe where the bug fix would be available in some sort of release/patch.

According the JIRA Road Map, 3.1.0 is the next release (no timeframe listed), but the release notes don't even list GTNPORTAL-1048 as being part of bugs fixed in that release.

• 3. Re: SSO issues. Next release to fix bug
              theute

3.1.0: in June, I corrected the Fix Version.

EPP5: end of May.