2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 12:36 PM by saguirre

Large Messages over HTTP

saguirre

I am trying to send binary files over HTTP using HornetQ JMS provider using durable subscriptions to a topic.  I saw that there was an issue with large files in the released 2.0 version, so I downloaded 2.1.0 BETA3 source and built it.   I successfully sent the files using the TCP transport that is the default.  When I tried to send over HTTP, which we need to do to tunnel through a firewall, I get small files sent without problem, but large files only have 6994 bytes.  This is the same size given by calling getBodyLength() when the message is received.

The files are being sent by streaming, setting the JMS_HQ_InputStream property to a BufferedInputStream for the file.

I am not using JNDI, so I set the port, host, and http-enabled properties for connection parameters, and use a Transportconfiguration based on these properties to create a ConnectionFactory for the topic within my application.

When I exit the applications sending and receiving the files, I stop the topic connection, close the subscriber, remove the durable subscription, close the session and close the topic connection.

I note that there is a warning on the console in which HornetQ server was started:

[hornetq-failure-check-thread] 10:56:09,814 WARNING [org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl] Connection failure has been detected: Did not receive ping from /192.168.41.102:55936. It is likely the client has exited or crashed without closing its connection, or the network between the server and client has failed. The connection will now be closed. [code=3].

Can someone provide the configuration that works for this, or let me know what I am doing wrong?