0 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 8:05 AM by sandesh.satam

Problem with JBoss Classloading.

sandesh.satam

All,

I am struggling with class loading configuration for my web application. Following is the current configuration in jboss-classloading.xml (JBoss 5.1.0):

<classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0" name="mv-web.war" domain="DefaultDomain" top-level-classloader="true"
      export-all="NON_EMPTY" import-all="true">
      </classloading>

I had to define the classloading configurations definitions to resolve ClassNotFoundException thrown by Quartz while loading the jobs from the data store(Oracle).

My web application is based on Adobe Flex and clustered LiveCycle Data services(LCDs). LCDs uses jgroups for clustering. With the custom classloading definitions, the LCDs clustering is not able to find its peer due to conflict in the jgroups.jar file version with the one used by JBoss. Jgroups version used by JBoss is 2.6.10.GA while the one used by LCDs is 2.7.0.GA.

I guess the problem is due to the import-all being set to true. I have tried different configuration as suggested in http://java.dzone.com/articles/jboss-microcontainer-classloading.

I want to exclude any jars contained in my web application for LCDs from the custom classloading and also only use the jars provided by JBoss is they are not present in my WEB-INF/lib directory.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sandesh