1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 12:25 PM by peterj

How to dynamically retrieve datasource names

tarballa

I'm wanting to periodiacally query each registered datasource's MBean for connection statistics, using something like:

String jmxLocation =
      "jboss.jca:name="+ jndiName + ",service=ManagedConnectionPool";

try {
      ObjectName objectName =
      new ObjectName( jmxLocation );

double maxConnections = Double.valueOf( String.valueOf( mbs.getAttribute( objectName, "MaxSize" ) ) );

double inUseConnections = Double.valueOf( String.valueOf( mbs.getAttribute( objectName, "InUseConnectionCount" ) ) );

System.
      out.println( "In use connections: " + inUseConnections );

}
      catch ( Exception e ) {

}

What I'm wondering though, is if it's possible to dynamically retrieve each datasource's JNDI name, so that I can avoid hardcoding our various datasources.  The javadocs for ObjectName seem to indicate that only a valid domain/key/value name (like in the above code) is valid.  Is there another way of dynamically reading these JNDI names?

• 1. Re: How to dynamically retrieve datasource names
          peterj

Take a look at javax.management.MBeanAServerConnection.queryMBeans(). The query expression lets you specify the you want to obtain all MBeans with a given prefix ("jboss.jca" in this case) and a given set of attributes ("service=ManagedConnectionPool" in this case), and it returns all such MBeans.