2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 11:01 AM by magiccreative

Portlet example + my app = Class Cast Exception

magiccreative

Hi,

I managed to run the portlet portal example on my server and even add to it one of my seam/richfaces apps. The server starts successfully, but when I open the jsp where my app is included I am getting exception and an empty portlet window.

The exception is as follows:

<exception>

15:45:14,413 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.2.2.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_2_GA date=200710221139)] Started in 1m:1s:269ms
      15:45:20,645 WARN  [lifecycle] phase(RESTORE_VIEW 1,org.jboss.portletbridge.context.FacesContextImpl@1afab0dd) threw exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.RenderRequestImpl org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.RenderRequestImpl
      com.sun.jsftemplating.util.fileStreamer.FileStreamerPhaseListener.beforePhase(FileStreamerPhaseListener.java:67)
      com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:222)
      com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)

</exception>

What I presume are library problems. org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.RenderRequestImpl is only in portlet-portlet-2.0.0.jar. The jar is in the portal which contains the portlets. What could be causing the conflict?

Cheers