2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2010 3:37 AM by pjmlp

How to write to attributes with the CDK?

pjmlp

Hi,

on the component I am currently writting with the CDK, I do have the need to write to some attributes, similar to the standard JSF attribute var.

If I would be coding the component without the CDK, I would write something like this on my tag handler (Facelets):

{code:java}
      faceletContext.setAttribute (var.getValue(faceletContext), value)
      {code}

Is this done with the variable mechanism in the CDK?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to write to attributes with the CDK?
          blabno

In renderer for exemple you can do:

ValueExpression valueExpression = getFacesContext().getApplication().getExpressionFactory().createValueExpression(getFacesContext().getELContext(), "#{" + getVar() + "}", Object.class);

List<Map<String, Object>> data = new ArrayList<Map<String, Object>>();
          for (int i = 0; i < dataModel.getRowCount(); i++) {
               dataModel.setRowIndex(i);
               valueExpression.setValue(elContext, dataModel.getRowData());

//...do something, i.e. render children that have bindings to "var" value

}

• 2. Re: How to write to attributes with the CDK?
            pjmlp

If I understood it correctly, your suggestion only works if you are giving the output variable to child tags, which is not our use case.

I want to be able to do the following:

{code:xml}

<mytag attribute="value" outputVar1="my_var1" outputVar2="my_var2"/>

<h:outputText value="#{my_var1}"/>

<h:outputText value="#{my_var2}"/>

{code}

I know how to do this with the Facelets API directly, but the CDK generates the Facelets tag handler, so the question is how to handle attribute creation with the CDK?