2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2010 3:21 AM by kolindian

Drop down menu skinability.

kolindian

Hello there,

I have been trying to change the color of the drop down menu with a image i use...

i use the following code in CSS for the image file i want to use.

.rich-menu-list, .rich-menu-list-border {
          background-image: url("../img/ddmenu.png");
      }
      .rich-menu-item, .rich-menu-item a, .rich-menu-item a:hover, .rich-menu-item a:visited, .rich-menu-group,
      .rich-menu-group a {
          background-image: url("../img/ddmenu.png");
          background-color: #FFFFFF;
          color: #000000;
          font: normal 12px Tahoma;
          height: 24px;
          border-style:none;
      }

now this allows the dropdown menu in the image i like but still the default image used by richfaces is seen in the background.,.... which brings down the entire skin .... in all other places when i have tried to override the base theme it has worked without any problem but herein i cant get the fluidity i am looking for ... any suggestions of working around this is welcome.

The attached file should give a picture of how it looks ... where the borders still use the default theme.

The second part of the question is the label which initiates the drop down ... if you look at the image you will be able to see that when the drop down is initiated the label seems to get a white background and i cant seem to be able to get rid of this of manipulate this particular action ... is there anything that i am missing in that ?

• 1. Re: Drop down menu skinability.
          nbelaevski

Hi Jeremiah,

now this allows the dropdown menu in the image i like but still the default image used by richfaces is seen in the background.,.... which brings down the entire skin .... in all other places when i have tried to override the base theme it has worked without any problem but herein i cant get the fluidity i am looking for ... any suggestions of working around this is welcome.

You can check where this styling comes from using Firebug/IE developer tools.

The second part of the question is the label which initiates the drop down ... if you look at the image you will be able to see that when the drop down is initiated the label seems to get a white background and i cant seem to be able to get rid of this of manipulate this particular action ... is there anything that i am missing in that ?

Check rich-ddmenu-label-select class.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Drop down menu skinability.
            kolindian

Thanks for the replying ... i was able to fix the first part of the problem by adding the border-style: none to the menu list ...

the .rich-ddmenu-label-select however doesn't seem to make a change to the label ... i am using firebug and have checked it and find no css reference with regards to the change in color ...