1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 5:58 AM by manik

What about using as tomcat session replicator?

slartibartphast

Forgetting jboss (yea I know!), has anyone heard of making a flavor of session manager for tomcat that stores the sessions in infinispan? I am no expert on how to properly implement this in tomcat, but it does not look complicated, or am I missing something?

So if that were done, you could use it in tomcat or tomcat within jboss correct?

A lot of talk is about what app server this will be used in but when I read about this project, I thought it to me a standalone memcached type project used in many ways.

To me, this is the solution for session replication because of the scalability. If it seems suited I may try to implement what I mention, unless someone slaps me into reality!

• 1. Re: What about using as tomcat session replicator?
          manik

Infinispan could be used to handle Tomcat sessions.  I just don't know of anyone who has done so.  I know someone has a plugin for Jetty to push Jetty sessions into Infinispan.

If you wanted to write this Valve for Tomcat - and there is an open JIRA looking for takers, ISPN-465 - looking at how JBossWeb solves this problem is a good starting point since JBossWeb's DNA is, essentially, 80% Tomcat.