13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 7:35 AM by deeps83

Rerendering rich:columns

deeps83

Hi,

I have an extendeddatatable with 'rich:columns value=somelist' in my application.The columns are getting displayed properly initially. But when I add one more item to the 'somelist' and rerender the table, the table is not adding the new column.But if I refresh the page the column will be added.What can be the reason? If any one have any idea please help.

I am using a4j:commandbutton to save the list and I have given a rerender for that table.But table is not rerendering.I have one combo box also where I am using the same list and rerendered along with the table.That combo box list is getting added,but not the table.

thanks in advance, deeps.

• 1. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
          nbelaevski

Hi deeps,

please add a4j:log to the page and check if there are any errors/warnings there.

• 2. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
            deeps83

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response.

I have tried adding a4j:log and the log I got is attached. I could not find any error message or warning message in this.

Actually my page is having four tabs,each having a form.I have an inputtext in tab1 into which I enter the new value to be saved in a list say list1.I have an extended data table,table1 in tab1 which displays the values in this list ,a combobox in tab2 which uses the list1 as suggestion values and an extended data table,table2 in tab3 which have rich:columns for which the same list 'list1' is used as value.Once the new value is added I am rerendering table1,combobox and table2 in tabs 1,2 and 3.Table1 in tab1 and combobox in tab2 are rerendering with the new value added.But table2 is not showing the new column.

Hope you got a clear picture of the issue.Is this an issue in rerendering rich:columns?

Thanks,

Deeps.

• 3. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
              deeps83

Hi ,

It would be great if any one can please suggest me a solution for this.

thanks,

deeps

• 4. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                nbelaevski

Log contains no errors/warnings. What is id of the table not being updated? Please post page code.

• 5. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                  deeps83

Hi Nick,

I have attached the page code.

Please let me know if I have done anything wrong.

Thanks,

deeps.

• 6. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                    deeps83

I am using seam 2.2 and richfaces 3.3.If any one have any idea please share.

thanks,

deeps.

• 7. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                      deeps83

Hi Nick,

It will be great if you can give me a solution for this.

thanks,

deeps.

• 8. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                        nbelaevski

I've tried your code and cannot reproduce the problem. Can you please provide small runnable example reproducing the problem?

• 9. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                          deeps83

Hi Nick,

Please find attached the code in which I have reproduced the problem.I have attached two xhtml pages and its bean class and interface.If you see when we go directly to the testPage.xhtml everything works fine.But when we go through myhome.xhtml the combo box is rerendering but the columns are not getting added to the table.This is what is happening in my case also.If the cobobox is rerendering,the columns is also supposed to be rerendered wright?

Hope you will go through the code and suggest me a solution.

Thanks,

Deeps.

• 10. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                            nbelaevski

Deeps,

I've noticed forms nesting in your example - try removing it and check.

• 11. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                              deeps83

HI Nick,

In the code I have sent last day there is one small change,in the testPage.xhtml.Please find attached the correct one.The change is that for the tabpanel in testPage.xhtml  switchType="client".Somehow that was missing in the code I sent you last day.With this only it works in the way I explained.

Also I tried removing the forms in "testPage".But then it was not working properly,like I was not getting the value I enter in the inputText for newItem, in the bean class.Also even with the nested forms ,if rerendering for the combobox is working,then for rich:columns also it should work wright?

thanks,

Deeps.

• 12. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                                nbelaevski

The problem is caused by selfRendered region. Making region self-rendered presumes that components tree is not rebuilt, thus new columns are not added.

• 13. Re: Rerendering rich:columns
                                  deeps83

oh,cool.. thats working.Thankyou so much Nick.

deeps.